For 14 years, Faustin Cubahiro benefited from rich and varied experiences in legal matters in Burundi. He served as a bank manager before founding his law firm and joining the bar in 2015. He joined Africase Burundi in 2019.
- Advising a subsidiary of a pharmaceutical group established in Burundi on labour law, commercial law, debt collection, and contracts.
- Advising a mining company established in Burundi – with international shareholders – on the legislation concerning corporate bodies.
- Participated in advising an international major oil company operating in Burundi in varied legal fields such as corporate and commercial law, contracts, labour law, real estate, competition law, litigation and corporate secretarial services.
- Advised a subsidiary of a Burundian telecommunications company on debt collection.
- Participated in the procedure for the establishment in Burundi of a subsidiary of a commercial company under Dutch law.
- Advised a well-known Burundian bank on its compliance with banking law and regulations, securities, credit, debt collection, and labour legislation.
- Advised several microfinance companies on their compliance with the 2017 Banking Law – especially on the interpretation of the Central Bank circulars, credit and consumer protection legislation, securities and debt collection.
- Advised several subsidiaries of international banks established in Burundi on debt collection and litigation.
- Negotiated and drafted – for several commercial banks and microfinance companies – credit agreements and credit restructuring agreements for debtors in the context of debt collection.
- Advised ailing microfinance companies on Insolvency and Receivership of companies.
- Taught banking law at a Burundian university.
- Contributed to the World Bank’s Doing Business Report since 2019, particularly in the area of insolvency law.
- Representing and advising an international major oil company on its disputes regarding dealership agreements.
- Representing and advising an international bank, a well-known insurance company and an internet provider company on debt collection matters.
- Participating in representing an international company on a dispute with a regional transporter.
- Advised a security and safety company on litigation and labour law matters.
- Participated in advising a Permanent Member State of the UN Security Council on labour law and on its current legislation.
- Participated in advising former employees of a telecommunications company established in Burundi on labour law and litigation.
- Participated in advising former employees of an international bank established in Burundi on labour law and litigation.
- Participated in advising a manufacture company on litigation and labour matters.
- Participated in the process of establishing an international NGO of Dutch origin in Burundi.
- Participating in advising an international NGO on a dispute regarding a debt collection matter with its local partner.
Africase is an international economic law firm specialised in cross-border transactions, litigation and arbitration across Africa.
For decades, our international advocates developed an in-depth understanding of Africa and are working in the major capitals of Africa.
We aim at providing first-class and innovative legal solutions to our international clients including international corporations, NGOs, public
institutions and States, international organisations, as well as local clients for their international transactions or interactions
with foreign people and entities.